There are lots of impressive facts on mental health you can find online. For example:
- 1 out of every 5 young people suffers from some form of diagnosable mental illness
- suicide is the third leading cause of death among people ages 15–24, and the second leading cause of death in college students ages 20–24.
- the rate of mental health disorders doubles for those who have been to war or lived through some sort of a serious trauma
- members of the LGBTQ community are twice as likely as straight individuals to have a mental health condition
- globally, mental disorders account for 1 in 6 years lived with disability
- people with severe mental disorders die 10 to 20 years earlier than the general population
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24
But there are also mental health facts and mental health statistics that you might not be aware of. Try our quiz and see how much you know about mental health.